Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday March 24, 2008

Today was the first day of the New Orleans trip. It started with an alarm going off at 2:30am. We had to be at the airport at 4am because we flew out at 6am. We arrived in Dallas at 8am and after a 2 hour layover we flew on to New Orleans. Once we landed at 11:20am we picked up the rental cars and headed off to the hotel.
The hotel is something you really cannot explain it is just beautiful, the room that myself and Anthony have I would say at least 20 foot ceilings. And a wall that is part brick and part stucco. Once we all got settled in I went to lunch, I went to lunch with Brittany, Stephanie and Amanda. We went to Gordon Biersch; it was a brewery that was a couple of blocks away. After lunch the 16 of us went on a tour of New Orleans.
It was a two hour tour that took us around and showed us were the levees broke and where they were repaired. The tour took us around to the Ninth Ward, and the other parts of the town that were impacted by the flood. The images below are from that time. I was shooting in the bus through the windows. It was okay until I say a house that had a 1 in the bottom of the X, and what that means is that there as body found in the house. That was when it really got to me. Once the tour was over we all came back and had a break.
Brittany and I laid out by the pool, since it is heated pool it really felt good. All we did was put our feet in the water laid back. There was always a water fountain when made it very relaxing. We all went and had dinner at two different restaurants one group went to Bulldogs while the other one went to Nacho Mamas. It was a lot of fun I had probably the best Bloody Mary I had ever had. They used real horseradish and topped it off with green beans. It was a very exhausting day and I can not wait to see what the rest of the week brings.
Tomorrow a group of us are going on a tour of St. Louis Cemetery at 9am. This is when I am going to start my series and will upload tomorrow.

No comments: